Monday, April 20, 2009

Bar trade anyone?

Hey everyone!! How has your Monday been?

I was pleasantly surprised (and shocked) that when my alarm clock went off this morning, I actually felt well rested and was ready to get up and start the day! I couldn’t believe it! I love it when that happens.

Today I applied for a job! I want another one for this summer because I don’t work very much at the salon. I will still keep my salon job because it is very minimal and I love it…but I want to make some cash this summer!! So after school, I went to the local Genesis Health Club put in my application! I think it would so much fun to work at a fitness center because I love everything about fitness, so I think I would fit in perfectly there. I am really crossing my fingers that I get this because it could be a great opportunity. AND I would get a FREE MEMBERSHIP! Now that’s what I’m talkin about.

I started the day off with some purple oats:

DSC00730

DSC00731

I had planned on having some of my baked oatmeal that I made yesterday, but I was anxious to try out a bowl of oatbran using my unsweetened vanilla almond milk. There was also another new addition to my bowl this morning… here is everything I added:

  • 1/2 cup oatbran
  • 1/2 cup Almond Breeze
  • 1/2 cup water
  • tbsp flax
  • blueberries and cherries, frozen
  • cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup egg beaters

Yep, I also tried out some egg beaters thrown in there. I wasn’t sure whether to add them in before I cooked my oats or after. I ended up putting it in after I cooked them and it turned out awesome!! I couldn’t taste any difference and it added 6 grams of protein to my bowl! This is definitely going to become a regular addition to my oats.

For lunch, it was the usual: PB & B on whole wheat bread. 1% milk. I am thinking about switching over to water for my lunches at school since I am trying to cut out the dairy…but it makes my lunch more filling and adds protein. So I think I may continue to have it at lunch in the cafeteria and sometimes get water. I only have 3 more weeks of school and then I can eat my lunches exactly the way I like ‘em! :D

Dinner was some chicken in alfredo sauce, cauliflower, and edamame

DSC00734

This was my first time trying edamame. I used this product:

DSC00736

1/2 cup of this stuff packs in 4 grams of fiber and 8 grams of protein! I thought they were very interesting and unique…in a good way.

And just look at my lovely desert:

DSC00739

Ahhh, the perfect way to end the day. :)

So now I will get to my question in the title…About a month ago, I ordered some Kashi Crunchy bars. GNC was running an awesome deal and I couldn’t help myself, haha. So i got two huge boxes of them, one is the chocolate peanut flavor and the other is the chocolate caramel flavor. I really like them but I now realize that I got way too many. So I thought I would see if anyone was interested in a trade or anything?  

DSC00740     Let me know!

Have a great night, all! <3

10 comments:

  1. It would be super fun to work at a fitness center...especially with a free membership perk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get that job at the fitness center - free membership would be so awesome! I also had lots of berry goodness in my oats this morning :) and it turned pretty colors, haha! I might wanna do a bar trade - what kinda bars are you looking for? I have quite a few as well haha!
    Have an amazing night girl!

    Love, Meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. edemame is AWESOME - if you ever go out to eat sushi, make sure you order some as an appetizer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah I adore blueberries in oatmeal. I have hard of the eggs/egg whites in oats, but I've been a little scared to try them. I'd rather cook my oats in skim milk and get the best of both worlds, haha.

    That would be an AMAZING job. Free membership?! Plus getting to help out everyone getting in shape, and being surrounded by such a positive atmosphere all the time. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

    Edamame is one of my favorite snacks! The 1/2 cup serving I'm pretty sure is for the shelled beans, not while they are still in the pod. Not sure if you knew that or not but, just a tip! Hope you enjoy them.

    Much love, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi lovely.

    I hope you get the job at the fitness center. I totally love working at Lifetime Fitness.. as you know, I host birthday parties there which is awesome. I've met so many nice people and the FREE MEMBERSHIP is so wonderful. You'd love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a good nights sleep. I felt good yesterday too, but last night was another story. Gonna be a long Tuesday. Good lukc with the job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you get the job!! That sounds like a great place to work! Edamame is SO good - I have the individual Dora packs in my freezer :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. send me some kashi, i can finish it up for you lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've read about putting egg whites into oatmeal, but have been too chicken to try it. I think I really should give it a try myself! it makes the oatmeal thicker right?
    crossing my fingers that you get the job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll echo what others have said - Edamame is indeed delish. I hope you liked it. It's great to top with some sea salt and snack on it like popcorn (without the skin, of course).

    ReplyDelete