Thursday, July 2, 2009

Vacation here I come

Hi everyone!

First things first, I wanted to thank all of you for the sweet comments about my family and I in my last post. You guys really know how to make a girl feel good about herself! :D

Geeze, where has the week gone? It’s already Thursday! I guess I am okay with this week going by fast because I am ready to get my 4th of July festivities going on! A bunch of friends are heading over to this huge lake not too far away and watching the fireworks show. Watching fireworks over a lake (or better yet, on the lake) is SO PRETTY. And of course i’m going to make sure I get to do a sparkler or two. :)

What are you doing for the 4th of July?

So referring back to my post title, last night my mom, sister, and I booked a trip to St Louis, Missouri! We have been wanting to plan a girl’s trip for this summer to just get away and relax. Well, we are the worst procrastinators EVER, and I have been stressing that we wouldn’t get it planned. I set aside everything else yesterday, and spent all afternoon searching for decent hotels that wouldn’t break the bank. So much stress was relieved last night when it was finally booked. If you have ever been to St Louis, please help me out with some suggestions on places to go/things to do!

This morning I started off with something that has been missing from life for way too long:

DSC01225

A big ol’ breakfast cookie! BUT…this may look like your average normal deliciousness, however, it was quite different. This b-fast cookie is a hybrid! Here is what I used:

  • 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/4 cup oatbran
  • 1/2 smooshed naner
  • 1/2 scoop protein powder
  • tons of cinnamon
  • splash of almond milk

I mixed it and let it set overnight, then this morning I topped it with PB2 and Oikos fat free plain greek yogurt! This was a nice change-up to the normal bfast cookie. I really don’t think I could choose a favorite though…I like them both ways! I love oatbran, especially because of it’s nutritional stats. Oatbran has more protein and fiber than old fashioned oats, AND higher amounts of essential vitamins and minerals. It gets two thumbs up in my book!

And here is last night’s veggie-liciousness:

DSC01221

sweet potato fries, edamame, and roasted broccoli

I was just craving veggies! So that is exactly what I made. Rock on, intuitive eating! :D

Here’s a yogurt mess creation from yesterday as well:

DSC01222

DSC01223

HOLY YUM! This was a mixture of greek yogurt, 1/2 sliced banana, flax, blueberries, Nature’s Path flax granola, Barney Butter, and a few M&M’s. Foodgasm, for sure.

Last but not least, some juice:

DSC01077DSC01078

Now I am off to do some yoga, followed by strength training. This afternoon I will be trying to put together a list of things to do on our vacation! Then I will head off to work, getting home in time to watch So You Think You Can Dance! For all the watchers, who is your favorite? I love ALL of them, but I especially like Philip and Janeane!

Adios Chickas!

 

 

 

14 comments:

  1. I can't wait for fireworks :) They are always the best way to end a great 4th of July!

    I have to say I think that is the best lookin b-fast cookie I have EVER seen!!! Yummy <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I love fireworks, and I LOVE sparklers! You've definitely gotta do one or two of those for me. Sounds like you have a lot of fun coming up!

    Um, your yogurt bowl looks AMAZING, as does your breakfast cookie!

    Enjoy your weekend, dear!

    Much love,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am having a hybrid cookie for bfast tomorrow for sure! and that yogurt bowl seems awesome!

    I am so excited for thr 4th my dad is bbq and setting off fire works! have a great trip girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww i hope you have a great fourth of july girlie!!
    mm that yogurt mess looks oh so delicious!! Love the M&M's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah girl, i am FROM st louis so i can really help you out on the ideas front!

    first and foremost, you MUST go to ted drewes. it's the best custard you'll ever eat.

    i would explore the loop for night restaurants--everyone loves going to blueberry hill but i personally like brandt's cafe that's across the street from blueberry hill.

    also, see if the muny has tickets available. it's our huge outdoor theater and it puts on classic musicals!

    as for shopping, i would suggest exploring the central west end. if you're feeling snacky when you're down there, check out companion stl. it's such a good bakery. so is jilly's--they have really good cupcakes!

    if you want anymore ideas, feel free to email me! people really like exploring the zoo too (and it's free!) if you're going over there, you'll be near forest park and you should check out the boathouse and take paddleboats out on the lake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 4th is my birthday ;) There will be celebrations galore here! It's been YEARS since I was in St. Louis but I do remember that it was fun!

    I love your veggie filled dinner! I also LOVE the M&Ms in the oats! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the dinner and the mms have a great weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am in love with your M&M addition to your oats -- i'm sure it made it a bazillion times better!

    have an amazing holiday weekend, beautiful :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum yum yum! M&M's....:D

    SYTYCD! Woooo!

    Definitely try Spag. Squash again girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hola chicka!
    Man, that pic of the fireworks is STUNNING! And guess what? Just right now I heard some fireworks going on in the neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi hun,
    i just caught up on your last post now, the pics were awesome :) and you are too adorable! so pretty!

    oh wow that breakfast cookie looks amazing! very creative :)

    Have a great 4th of july hun,
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those eats look sooo nummmy!!!

    Have a fabulous 4th of julyy love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. THat yogurt bowl looks too good to be true!! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i haven't had a bfast cookie in way too long! thanks for reminding me :D
    that juice looks delicious!
    enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete