Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bootylicious Buns

Hey Ladies!

This will be a quickie (TWSS) as I need to get ready and get off to work, but I wanted to check in with my lovely blogettes first!

This morning I started off with some random moves on the yoga mat, then proceeded to check out this Bootylicious Buns video from exercise tv. I was feeling the burn…big time. It was fab. :)

Yesterday I am pleased to report that I had a much better run than the last one! My legs no longer weighed 100 pounds each; they were light as feathers. ;) I ended up doing 4 miles total, with a combination of running and walking.

Afterward my buns workout, my stomach was a rumblin’ so I set out for the kitch, knowing exactly what I wanted.

It involved this:

DSC01271

Ta Da!

DSC01273

The classic oatbran in a jar, HEAB style. :)

I had mixed emotions about this breakfast. On one hand, I was thinking “oh my gosh, foodgasm” but on the other hand, I was thinking about how once I finish this, I will officially be out of not other Barney Butter, but almond butter in general. The horror!

What is your favorite almond butter brand?

Guys, I am getting SO excited for my trips! One thing I am stoked about is being able to hit up Whole Foods and Trader Joes!! It will be my very first Trader Joes visit, can you believe it?? This is most definitely a downfall of living in a small town…you just don’t have access to near as much stuff! I can’t wait to be in foodie heaven. :D

So that is where you all come in…What are some must have Trader Joe goodies? I am already for sure planning on trying out the following:

  • TJ’s peanut butter pretzels
  • grind your own almond butter (anybody know how much $$$ this is at TJ’s?)
  • sunflower nut butter
  • TJ’s cinnamon raisin doughnuts

Yum Yum Yum!

Alright, I’m off to go get ready for the day. Then tonight I will be getting together with some friends for a little Big Brother viewing. Ok my fellow trash tv watchin’ sisters…who has been watching this? Come on, fess up!

-Kristi


Snowmen Food on Foodista

22 comments:

  1. don't forget the bluberry bran muffins! soooo gooood

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love maranatha AB! Try the mini-vanilla meringues, Joes Joes cookies and Yogurt O's cereal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i haven't tried barney butter, i can't find it near me! but i love sunflower market brand almond butter and also justin's maple almond butter! glad your run was much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice I need to the oats in the jar thing soon it just looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant wait for you to come to st louis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love maranatha AB! I love me a good bun workout! I've only been to TJ's once, so I have no suggestions. Sad, I know.
    <3 jess
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love that bootylicious buns workout! holy squats, right??

    i am a loyal barney butter lover :) though i haven't had it in awhile -- too expensive.. blah!

    i am very jealous of your trader joes visit! enjoy girlie -- hope you get some wonderful things! I wish I had some advice for you but i've never been there.. so sad so sad!

    love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crunchy Barney Butter is the best Almond Butter!! TJs crunchy PB granola bars are BUENO! Really though, TJs is good for just about anything! I get my Almond Milk there and it's super cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gahhhhh that pb oat jar looks drop dead gorgeous :) yummaaaaay !

    Sadly, there are no TJ's in FL. Atleast none that I know of... so sad =[

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maranatha is amazing!
    but i am dieing to try Barney Butter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YOU MUST GET
    -TJ Raw almond butter
    -TJ Pumpkin Butter
    -TJ Blueberry Bran Muffins
    -TJ Mixed Berry Muffins
    -TJ Banana Choc. Protein Muffins
    -Stawberry O's
    -TJ Plain Hummus
    -TJ Multigrain Pilaf
    -TJ European Chocolate Yogurt (Mocha = the best)
    -TJ Ready to Eat Lentils
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i am def doing that workout this morning! i do not have a tj's,sadly but jenny got these wonderful cinamin rasin buns that look freking awesome

    ReplyDelete
  13. TJ's has these big ol' bran muffins that are only like 210 calories for the whole thing.. you should definitely give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish I had a TJ list for you...that would mean I had a TJ to shop at! haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sadly, I have only ever tried the Meridian Almond butter since it is so dam hard to get it where I come from. AND I have never been to a trader joes :O
    Seriously think I am missing out here!
    Your workout sounds great, I might do me little Pilates later now x

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi hun,
    ive never even tried AB! can you belive it? they need to make it in ireland..i still havent seen it anywhere!
    haha big bro is awesome :)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. i LOVE crunchy barney butter :) i think its my fav almond butter :) !!

    hmmm TJ's-- LOVE their muffins and english muffins! also their pecan pralines soo good!

    xoxoxo j

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad your legs are feeling better!

    I LOVE Trader Joe's, with all of my heart. I would buy the whole store if I could. Some must buys are TJ's brand Greek yogurt, British muffins, any flavor of hummus, banana choc. chip muffins, and Trek Mix.

    Happy Friday, love!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Being sore is so great sometimes! It just means you really gave your body a good workout! But, I'm glad you're feelin' better!

    TJs is great! I loved their sunflower seed butter! Definitely try their greek yogurt too and any of their muffins! Ahh, it looks like everyone has already given my ideas!

    Glad I stumbled on your blog! Check mine out! I should be hosting an amazing grass giveaway really soon!

    Have a wonderful weekend hun!
    xx,
    keri

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mmm breakfast looks awesome! I hear you about living in a small (ish) town. I really wish we'd get one here.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I go for TJ's AB.Your breakfast looks yummy! I had so much fun going through your post and I'd love to guide our readers to your site if you won't mind.Just add your choice of foodista widget to this post and it's all set to go, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete