Sunday, July 12, 2009

Trip Announcement #2

Happy Sunday everyone! I’m currently still snuggled in bed, while blogging and sipping on a green monster. I love lazy mornings! I can’t believe another week has passed…Summer is seriously blowing right by!

So referring to the title of this post, I now have TWO upcoming trips to look forward to! In addition to our girls St Louis trip, my sister, dad, and I will be heading to Boston in August! No, unfortunately I will not be there for the Summit blogger meetup (DARN!!!)…I will just miss it by 2 days…very sad indeed. This whole trip came up because my dad gets the great opportunity to travel for his business, especially during the Summer…so my sister and I are coming along for the ride!! I am super excited because first of all, I LOVE LOVE LOVE to travel. And second of all, I will be going to 2 different places that I have never been before!

What is awesome about it is that since it’s technically a business trip, my dad’s company will be paying for the hotel, etc, and we just have to pay for our flight! We will be going up a few days before my dad has to actually work, so we will all be able to do some fun stuff together. Then while my dad works at the shows during the day, my sister and I will get to explore Boston! I am SO excited!

So…if any of you are from Boston/have been to Boston, PLEASE help me out with some suggestions on what to do, where to eat, etc. Thank you!!!

Yesterday I hit up the public library because I was in need of some good reads after finishing Breaking Dawn. Yes, I finally did it. I dreaded the time when I would actually finish this awesome series. But don’t worry, I definitely plan on the reading it all over again in the  future. (Edward, Jacob, I <3 you)

I picked out two books;

The Teens Vegetarian Cookbook:

DSC01260

Keeping The Moon by Sarah Dessen

DSC01261

I have heard that Sarah Dessen is a great author so I was excited to check out one of her books. The cookout just caught my eye and I decided to try it out. I peeked through it and it may have some promising recipes. I originally wanted to get Skinny Bitch in the Kitch, but it wasn’t there. :( I did make sure to put myself on the request list for it though!

And I suppose you guys would like to see some eats? Okay, lets take a look…

My breakfasts have been very green-filled as of late:

DSC01252

My current mixture that I have been loving is as follows:

  • 1 frozen banana
  • 3 ice cubes
  • tons of organic spinach
  • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond breeze
  • 1 scoop all natural vanilla protein powder
  • 1 serving chocolate Amazing Grass
  • 1 spoonful of chia gel (!!!)

Oh Amazing Grass, how I love thee.

Some lunch grub:

DSC01249

DSC01250

A sausage, egg, and cheese sammie a la Kristi :D

  • 1 whole wheat english muffin
  • 2 egg whites (plus salt and pepper) microwaved in a bowl
  • 1 Morningstar soysauge patty
  • 1 slice of american cheese

Here’s a picture that’s painful to look at…

DSC01243

WCW, you will be missed greatly.

It seems like homemade pizzas have been making it’s way around the blog world and I finally gave in last night:

DSC01258

And it was worth it. VERY worth it.

DSC01259

I followed Jenna’s recipe, except I used all whole wheat flour. This was my first time making pizza dough from scratch. I was so proud of myself! (lol) I actually thought it was a lot of fun! After letting the dough rise, I put half in the freezer for another time, then got started on laying some toppings on the other half.

My toppings were: a few pieces of turkey pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, basil, spinach, and mushrooms. I loved it, but I am definitely going to veggie up the leftovers even more with some chopped peppers, onions, and olives!

here is my dessert, inspired by Heather

DSC01251

frozen fruit with almond milk poured over it. (blueberries, mango, and cherries!) The milk freezes over the frozen fruit and makes a cool ice-cream type of effect. This is perfect for a refreshing summer treat!

Okay girlies, I am off to get my strength training on. Don’t forget: if you have been to Boston, let me know some suggestions!

Have a great day, lovely ladies <3

17 comments:

  1. Have fun in Boston. I've been to Boston only once or twice, and we just walked around town and went to a museum. Hopefully someone's more helpful than I am. Haha!

    Love your pizza!
    <3 jess
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome pizza! i'm so jealous you get to go to boston! that city is in my top 5 favorites for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun on all of your trips girlie!
    boston is such a fun town - you must go to the Hard Rock (its actually really really good) Fanueil Hall has some great eats too if your around there for lunch.

    ohh delicious pizza :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. two trips! so rad, you will have a good time. i am excited to try my amazing grass.. i just got it. that pink plate is ultra cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GIRLLLL! I must've totally missed your post about ST LOUIS! I live like 15 minutes from the city!!!!!! Ah!!! When are you coming!?!?!

    I definately suggest the arch (DUHH!), missouri botanical gardens, the chocolate bar, and the st louis zoo!!

    I have never been to boston though, so no advice there :(

    love the blueberry dessert!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. boston is one of my favorite citys! my parents and I love to parooze down Newbury street and fanueil hall is tons of fun!! I'm jealous of your trips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. have fun in boston - i've been there a few times; it's a great walking city!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job on the pizza! It looks delicious!

    Summer is going by way too fast- I agree!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm stealing that frozen fruit + milk idea!! That sounds delicious!! And yayy for upcoming trips! I wish i was traveling more this summer, but at least i've been getting some major relaxation in! I can't believe how fast it's flying by....mine's over in about a month! :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. MMMM Homemade pizza! I have never been to Boston, but I'm sure there are lots of grerat places to eat!

    I can't wait to try amazing grass! I need to check out my public library! I havent been in a while and they have some great summer reads!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes ma'am I do! I live about 15 minutes from the city..I can ALMOST see the arch from my house!!

    bloggie meet up possibly!?! honestly, other than the arch, zoo, busch stadium, and botanical gardens i dont really know the city too well but we could explore!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi girlie,
    thats so cool your going to boston!!
    that pizza looks delicious :) way to go on making that dough from scratch, very impressive :)
    have a nice sunday!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. you're going to love boston! just make sure to check out the italian bakery (i think it's called mikes??) in the north end.. the line wraps around the building
    once you make homemade pizza dough, you never go back to the store-bought stuff! :D it's so good
    enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Boston is a great city! I started grad school there (before getting too cold and moving back to Miami) and I used to LOVE going to Diesel Cafe (diesel-cafe dot com) to study. They have some yummy coffee and sandwiches :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. the pizza looks amazing!

    I have also been wanting to get my hands on skiny bitch in the kitch, but have been extremely unsuccessful in finding it at a library... oh well

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your pizza looks amazing...inspiration to create my own tomorrow! :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG I LIVE IN BOSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) i can tell you TONS of places to go!!!! what kind of stuff do you want to do? what kind of food do you like? ahhh! email me! jaime@fearlessfabulousfulloflife.com

    xoxoxo j

    ReplyDelete