Hi guys! How is everyone’s weekend going?
I just got back from walking Jaci in the gorgeous weather we have here today! It’s nice and sunny. Yay!
I made a new breakfast cookie last night, so before I left for our walk, I chowed down:
This is my first time putting greek yogurt on a breakfast cookie and I have to admit; it was pretty darn yummy! It is also keep me full and satisfied pretty well, too. Thanks for the idea, Jenna!
Now, rewinding back to yesterday, I had a great Saturday! I started the day off with another awesome run. I ran a 5k again and it felt fantastic! I am really liking this distance and have found the pace where I am comfortable at. Now I just have to remember to keep this pace during my race in two weeks so I don’t get burnt out early in the race!
Yesterday afternoon was spent at a bridal shower! But before we left, I made a fabulous lunchy:
grilled ezekiel wrap. mmmm
I know I mentioned how much I love weddings and I am so excited that I have yet another one to look forward to! My cousin, Shaun, is getting married on June 22. My mom, sister, and I went to his fiancé's shower. It was a fun time; we played some bridal games and she opened all of her presents. She got some pretty neat kitchen appliances that I was jealous of! hehe. Then we all gathered in the kitchen and had refreshments. There was a cake, nuts, fruit, and punch. It was a pretty set up and I totally forgot to take a pic of it! Sorry! I had a small slice of cake, some nuts and some fruit. I probably could have done without the cake though; I am a total ice-cream gal.
Are you more of a cake lover or an ice-cream lover?
Then we came home and started thinking about what we wanted to do for dinner. I found an awesome recipe that I wanted to try, so I made dinner for the fam. :)
Tofu with Peanut Ginger Sauce
· 5 tablespoon(s) water
· 4 tablespoon(s) smooth natural peanut butter
· 1 tablespoon(s) rice vinegar (see Ingredient note), or white vinegar
· 2 teaspoon(s) reduced-sodium soy sauce
· 2 teaspoon(s) honey
· 2 teaspoon(s) minced ginger
· 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
· 14 ounce(s) extra-firm tofu, preferably water-packed
· 2 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
· 4 cup(s) baby spinach (6 ounces)
· 1 1/2 cup(s) sliced mushrooms (4 ounces)
· 4 scallions, sliced (1 cup)
1. To prepare sauce: Whisk water, peanut butter, rice vinegar (or white vinegar), soy sauce, honey, ginger and garlic in a small bowl.
2. To prepare tofu: Drain and rinse tofu; pat dry. Slice the block crosswise into eight 1/2-inch-thick slabs. Coarsely crumble each slice into smaller, uneven pieces.
3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add tofu and cook in a single layer, without stirring, until the pieces begin to turn golden brown on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Then gently stir and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until all sides are golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes more.
4. Add spinach, mushrooms, scallions and the peanut sauce and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are just cooked, 1 to 2 minutes more.
This was SO. GOOD. All of you tofu lovers need to try this asap! The flavors in this dish are so amazing together!! The best part is…I have leftovers! :D
For desert, I indulged in some Coconut Bliss:
We then decided to go rent a movie and kick back for the night. The movie place was out of the movie we wanted to rent, so we found Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. We actually really liked it! This is a good one for a group of girls. :)
And I promised to post the recipe to my oatmeal desert bars, from earlier this week, so here it is:
Oatmeal Desert Bars
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup fat free DRY milk
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed (optional)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 very ripe mashed bananas
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- squirt of honey or agave nectar
- chocolate chips (1/4 cup?)
Preheat oven to 350*. Spray an 8x8 dish with cooking spray. Mix all ingredients together and spoon into pan. Bake for approximately 30 minutes. May take more or less depending on your oven. Especially delicious topped with nut butter. :)
These are so simple and so delicious!!
Well, I am off to go make some lunch, then tonight I am eating dinner with my dad. We are grilling out and there has been talk about shrimp, pineapple, and veggie kabobs. EEEKKK! My favorite!
Don’t forget to check out Zesty Cook’s awesome giveaway!
Wishing all of you a great Sunday!