Happy Hummus Day :D
Okay, I totally just made up that day, but it seems fitting since I have been eating my way through some serious hummus today. (and lately)
I owe a big thanks to Abby for hosting that awesome hummus giveaway, because somehow, even with my luck, I managed to win it!
Here is the package I received from Abby:
3 containers: red hot chili pepper, roasted garlic, and sundried tomato:
Mini hummus to go!
This stuff has got some awesome nutrition stats. It is super low calorie, which means I get to eat a LOT of it, hehe.
I’ve got to say, this is pretty tastey. (as if there was any doubt in my mind that I wouldn’t like it!)
I also picked up a spicy hummus trio at Sam’s last weekend!
This stuff is super yummy and oh so creamy. Definitely recommend BOTH hummus brands!
Another recent package was this:
This is my new love. I love drinking one of these babies right after a good workout. They are so refreshing.
I picked up one of these during vacation and have decided that I NEED to order a box of them ever since. So I did, haha. :)
benefits of coconut water:
* Coconut Water is better than processed baby milk- It contains lauric acid, which is present in human mother’s milk and benefits the immune system.
* keeps the body cool and at the proper temperature
* detoxify our bodies and fight viruses
* Full of natural sugars, salts, and vitamins to ward off fatigue
* has more electrolytes than leading sports drinks with 15 times the potassium
* has more potassium than 2 bananas!
*naturally replenishes your bodies fluids after exercise
* cleanse your digestive tract
*raise your metabolism, promote weight loss
*balance your PH and reduce risk of cancer
* Coconut water has 5mg of natural sugars where sports and energy drinks range from 10-25mg of altered sugars.
* Coconut water is very high in chloride at 118mg, compared to sports drinks at about 39mg. Chloride is one of the most important minerals in the blood, along with sodium, potassium, and calcium.
That is some pretty good stuff right there, if you ask me. I bought this case off of Amazon, fyi.
And come I’m going to go for a late night summer time swim with friends…I can’t believe I will only be only be able to do it a few more times and then BAM. Summer’s going to be over! Wahhhh.
Night Everyone! <3